The HostManager Package monitors the following processes by default:
- IIS - w3wp.exe
- Java - java.exe or javaw.exe
- Apache - httpd.exe - requires additional installation of SharePath WebCollector
In order to add a collector to a Windows process (which is not one of the above) you should:
- Open your command line (cmd).
- Go to the binary folder (cd c:\"Program Files"\Correlsense\SharePath\Agent\bin).
- Use SPAdmin to add the process you want to monitor according to the example below.
The following example shows an instrumentation of a 32 bit Firefox process.
Note that setting the NodeID will help you to identify your process though it is not a mandatory parameter (we do recomend using it to set a meaningful name for the node such as: Tomcat7 or WebLogic_11c):
SPAadmin.exe --cmd=instrument-process --process=firefox.exe --action=set --mode=32bit --key=env1 --env=SPA_NODEID=MY_FIREFOX
Please note that after completing the above, you will need to restart the target process (in the above example, close and then reopen firefox).